Monday, April 4, 2011

Virginia is for L♥vers


As I opened the latest Southern Living magazine, I was surprised to see an article about a weekend trip in the Shenandoah Valley. The first day of the trip was entitled: Buena Vista to Lexington (16 miles). This was my beloved Buena Vista! This is where I went to college and met some of the bestest friends a girl could ever ask for. Where I became an adult. Where I became who I am today. I LOVE the Shenandoah Valley and I wax nostalgic many times about my former life there. But that season of my life has passed and sometimes I wonder if it will ever return. But alas, I fear that it is gone for good. Instead I dream of my former days as a Buena Vistaian.

I drove those 16 miles from Buena Vista to Lexington and back every single day, and sometimes twice if there was a Wal-mart trip involved. I could almost kick myself at all the times I drove amongst those rolling hills and took them for granted. I loved spending hour after hour in the Washington & Lee libraries smelling the books and dreaming of one day having a ginormous library of my own. And simply walking downstairs to go to church. I feel that if you were to see my heart, there would be a huge chunk completely devoted to Virginia.

Oh Shenandoah, I long to see you…


Lily




1 comment:

Giuli said...

I still regret that I wasn't able to visit you when you lived there. It looks absolutely beautiful. Do you miss the snow, not!