Monday, June 20, 2011

No smoking, please...


So yesterday we found out that our smoke detectors are not working.
How did we discover this? Well, I'll tell ya. In order to make the house smell homey I made a concoction of oranges and cloves. It smelled fabulous! Well I should have thrown it away when I was done, but I forgot about it on Saturday.
Yesterday I came home from church with a massive headache and I needed to take some meds and sleep it off. I went into the kitchen and saw that my dad had added more water and turned it on. I saw that the burner was a little too high, so I turned the gas down, took meds, and went to bed.
The next thing I know my mom is yelling. "The house is on fire!"
Well not really. Mother is a tad dramatic. BUT there was smoke everywhere and it smelled horrible.
Dad fell asleep, totally forgetting that he had anything on the stove.
Now the pot is ruined and my house reeks of smoke.
Boo.
I might have to move now.
No joke.

Lily

1 comment:

Melissa said...

One time when I was younger I was frying tortillas in the kitchen and I forgot about it and was watching TV and we saw flames in the reflection of the TV and my dad came running out of the bathroom to put it out and fortunately for me I didn't catch the house on fire or I might not be alive to tell this story, irregardless of whether I might have actually survived the fire but the kitchen was covered in black smoke I saw smoke but it stayed on the wall like ash I guess so to help me to remember not to be stupid my dad left a little square of black over the stove. The end.