Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Reason number 273 why people need cognitive behavioral therapy...


I saw this this morning when a friend posted it.  I almost started to chuckle, but then I stopped myself.  

I CAN remember the first time I thought that I was fat.  

I was in 1st grade.  

1st grade people.  

I was late to school because I didn’t want to go to school.  I was upset and told my parents that I looked fat in my outfit.  I can still remember what I was wearing.  Green pants and a green turtleneck.  I thought that my stomach looked huge.  My parents were so worried that they called the school counselor and told her what happened.  I was called into her office.  I was so mad at my parents because I felt that they were making a bigger deal out of it than it needed to be.  The counselor was a nice lady, and I remember her asking me why I thought that I was fat.  

I have no idea what I said to her.  

Lil

No comments: