Monday, December 5, 2011

Let's make some lemonade!

So it is funny how things eventually work out in life. I sat in the airport for almost an entire day today, praying that I would make it on a flight home. And now I am sitting in a comfy first class seat having just watched a movie I was dying to see. Now I am listening to Adele while writing to my peeps on my long neglected blog. Is it bad if I realize that I am an extremely lucky/spoiled person?! Cause I think that I am. This whole trip ended on a completely different day than originally planned. I was going to come home on Saturday evening, but I woke up Saturday morning early with some gastrointestinal distress. Then it quickly morphed into vomiting. Yeah for me. Sorry if too much info. But anyway, I had the chills and a fever and there was no way that I was going to be able to leave my bed let alone travel across the country. I had already paid the $40 to ride the shuttle, so I was totally out of luck getting that non-refundable money back. But what is $40 when you think that you are going to die? Do you feel sorry for me yet? All of Saturday and part of Sunday were a complete blur, mostly because I was asleep for the majority of it. But after eating nothing but powerade and ginger ale for 36 hours, I figured that I could try to come home. Especially since no one else could cover for me at work past Monday. So we get to the long day at the airport and then the all of the spoiling that I got on the airplane. Hopefully my dad AND my luggage with both be there when I get off the plane so I can get home and kiss my puppies and sleep in my own bed!


Lily






P.S. My luggage was NOT there and it was lost with no id tag on it. I should have listened to The Spirit when it told me to make sure my address was on ALL of my belongings. However Heavenly Father was looking out for me and I had a bag inside of it that had my name on it. I got my bag back with all of my stuff in it AND I got back the tube with the picture of my sister and Kizzie that Jack drew with charcoal that I lost in the lost baggage counter. Ironic, no?




Here is a little teaser of my trip to Arizona...

No comments: