Monday, January 31, 2011

Save the ta-tas


So the other day I needed new underwear. Hopefully this isn’t "t.m.i.," but all God’s children wear underwear. Well, they all should. Anyway, I was taking it out of the package to wash it and I saw that there were breast cancer pink ribbons on the waist band. I was perplexed. I am all for breast cancer awareness, but these undies were not going anywhere near my breasts. I began to think more and more about it even though I know that there are many products that have the pink ribbons that have nothing to do with breasts. However, my mind still needed to make a connection between the two. The only correlation that I could come up with takes me back to elementary school and assemblies regarding "good-touch bad-touch," and the "uh-oh feeling." BUT, this did make me think more about breast cancer every time I put on a new pair of my undies. And then it dawned on me on how to make more people aware of cancer and cancer prevention: put reminders on articles of clothing that correspond with a cancer that is prevalent in that area of the body. For instance, reminders for a mammogram on bras, reminders to have a colonoscopy on underwear, and reminders to have a pap-smear on feminine products. Just an idea I am throwing out there folks. Maybe I could send this idea to the American Cancer Society with mom? Or not. ;)


Lily

No comments: