Friday, February 4, 2011

Pie eaters anonymous


Since the 1st of November my beloved and well used Honda civic wagon has been sitting in the driveway with an expired tag. The reasoning behind it was here in the Atlanta metropolitan area all cars need to be emissions tested so that we don’t destroy the environment with too much pollution from our cars. My car hasn’t passed on the first try the last three or four years. So in my mind, I knew, I KNEW that this car wasn’t going to pass on the first try. You can only get it re-tested once for free as long as it is within 30 days from the initial testing. Well lots of things were due around that time and my car is the least important out of the three cars so it got put off. We could pay to get it tested just not to have whatever repairs, which were inevitable, that were needed to get it to pass. November came and went. December came and went. And all the while my little car sat there. Dirty and un-used. Finally last week when we had another cold front and it took us 30 minutes to eventually get Mom’s car started, and consequently she missed the bus. We decided that it was time to get the car tested to get a rough idea what needed to be fixed in order for it to pass. When I went to my neglected car I opened the door to find over 5 inches of standing water on the floor behind the driver’s seat. Great. It smelled fabulous by the way. As I was talking to the testing guy about how the car sat under a tree for almost 3 months he gave me the biggest shock I have had in a long while. THAT STUPID CAR PASSED ON THE FIRST TRY!!!!!!!!!!! Blast! Blast! Blast! I knew, I KNEW that dumb car wouldn’t pass, and I was wrong. There, I was wrong, I can admit it. Now I need to go and eat humble pie, crow pie, or some other kind of pie that makes you feel better about having your car sit in the driveway for three months for no good reason.


Lily

No comments: