Thursday, March 31, 2011

There is beauty all around when there is no one home.

As the broccoli-bombs fall from the sky, as my mother so eloquently puts it, I begin anticipating that time of year when I feel that our house looks its best. Spring time. All of my parents’ hard work in the previous months begins to pay off when the first lovely bulb pokes its little head out of the red dirt and the grass becomes green again. Daffodils, Irises, Azaleas, Hostas, and Dogwoods permeate the entire yard.

I really love my house.

I absolutely love my yard.

I truly love the Spring.

Except for the pollen.


Lily

1 comment:

Giuli said...

Always Always Always have loved mom's irises! The pretty maroon ones, the dark purple and light purple mix, the pale yellow ones with their fuzzy yellow beards. One day I'll live in a house with tons of irises. (And daylilies, and daffodils, and crocus)

Giuli